“Whenever I have a question, I get an email response VERY promptly. Further if we have any abstraction questions, Brenda or Robin immediately research it and get back to us, usually the same day. The customer service is excellent!”
- What’s Hot & What’s Not in the Core Measure Field
- Find out the latest hot and cold topics in the Core Measure Field by viewing this informative webinar!Brenda Bartkowski, CMA, CCA, BS HPA covers Value-Based Purchasing, various care measures, Meaningful Use, Medicare payment adjustments, and much more.
- Core Measures: Time for a Cool Change
- Amphion’s Clinical Data Abstraction Manager, Brenda Bartkowski, discusses the 2014 changes in collection and reporting: removal, suspension, retirement, and revision; what CQMs are and why they are important; and the latest Meaningful Use requirements.The webinar is available here and click here for a copy of the handout.
- Amphion’s articles
- Fact Sheets
- Validation Lists
- Important Industry links
With Meaningful Use and Value Based Purchasing including core measures, and the demand for higher scores getting increasingly cumbersome, are your internal resources overwhelmed to keep up? With additional ACO and P4P measures, it is likely to get worse and cost more. Did you know that it takes some health systems up to $200,000 a year to generate these measures?
Amphion offers a cost-effective and least resource intensive alternative to in-house abstraction. We take the complete end to effort in core measure abstracting, reducing costs & allowing you to re-deploy valuable staffing resources to increase reimbursements, and to focus more on improving the quality of care provided at your facility.
Amphion Core Measure Abstraction
Our services include:
- Physician and staff education on current/new measures and proper core measure documentation
- Identification/analysis of problem areas and how to implement new protocols
- Recommendations for documentation and process improvements
- Strategies and best practices to improve publicly-reported scores
- Regular, professional feedback reports on your core measure results
- Concurrent Abstracting
- Retrospective Abstracting
The measures we abstract include:
- Heart Failure
- Emergency Department
- Surgical Care Improvement Project
- Pneumonia Measures
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Venous Thromboembolism
- Substance Use
- Tobacco Treatment
- Children’s Asthma Care
- Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services
- Perinatal Care
- Hospital Outpatient Department
- Get with the Guidelines (GWTG)
- Heart & Trauma Registry (NCDR, ATS)
We assist you in overcoming the following challenges:
- Your current option is costly
- Your team is overwhelmed with the number of measures
- Your team lost key employees to other initiatives
- You do not have in-house expertise
- You have a backlog
Outsource or In-House?
Conventional approach involves using FTEs or taking away high value existing resources on a part-time basis from their other functions to perform core measure reporting. Facilities often find this unsustainable, cumbersome and expensive. Changing data definitions make it even more challenging for to remain fully up-to-date and compliant with standards.
Dedicated quality reporting and core measure staff is assigned to each client. This makes the team very familiar with the specific client’s health records, resulting in the reduced chance of data being “missed” in addition to adding efficiencies to the overall process.
In addition to continuous access to high quality staff, our clients avail of further cost reductions arising from cost of extensive search for qualified FTE candidates, financial burden of management, benefits, and other related resources.
Back to Top^
Amphion’s thorough knowledge and in-depth experience in health record documentation and coding puts us in a prime position to provide outsourcing services to support a healthcare organization’s critical need for accurate and cost effective core measure abstraction.
Why Amphion is the right choice:
- Comprehensive, cost-effective outsourcing services.
- Credentialed, experienced staff and industry-leading expertise.
- In-depth knowledge of CMS/JC core measures specifications.
- Consistent, designated staff to ensure reliable, timely, high-validity data submissions.
- Proven track record of success in delivering core measure services.
- Stays abreast of upcoming regulatory changes and communicates changes to clients in an easy-to-understand format.
Custom Approach; Proven Methodology
Our staff has worked in hospitals and has the knowledge and expertise to ensure data is abstracted according to CMS/TJC specifications. Outsourcing your core measure abstraction to Amphion will result in more accurate data, leading to higher validation scores, and maximum reimbursement to your organization Our staff is fully trained and up-to-date on all current core measure specifications.
Compliance with and accurate reporting of core measures are key components to:
- Improving your quality of care.
- Maintaining the reputation you deserve.
- Securing the reimbursement your organization earns.
Working with core measures since its inception, our knowledge and experience helps qualify us as experts in the field. We only hire experienced, credentialed abstractors with a minimum of five years experience. Our abstracting staff is credentialed at various levels with a minimum of one of the following credentials:
- AHIMA Credentials (RHIA or RHIT)
- Certified Medical Abstractor
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Certified Coding Associate/Certified Coding Specialist (CCA/CCS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare-related field and/or Nursing